Greek Yogurt Pancakes
We’ve all heard countless times that breakfast is the most important meal of the day! It allows your metabolism to start up so that it is ready to work throughout the day. I am a firm believer in breakfast and cannot go a day without it. Every morning I make something simple to eat while I go through my daily routine of checking my e-mail and the news.
In the summer and into the beginning of the school year, I ate plain Greek yogurt with granola and fresh fruit every single morning. The plain yogurt was an excellent source of protein without all the added sugars. After a while, I got bored of this and started eating oatmeal with fresh fruit every morning, which always keeps me full until lunch time.
On weekends, I sometimes get a little adventurous with breakfast. Once in a while I’ll make an egg in a basket, or avocado and egg on toast. One morning, I even made…pancakes! Healthy pancakes of course. These are extra fluffy since they’re made of Greek yogurt. These ones are perfectly golden and taste delicious with some maple syrup.
What do YOU like to eat for breakfast?
GREEK YOGURT PANCAKES
3/4 cup 0% fat plain Greek yogurt (I used Chobani)
1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
In a small bowl, stir yogurt until smooth. Crack an egg over the yogurt and stir to combine roughly.
In a medium bowl, mix together the flour and baking soda.
Pour yogurt and egg mixture into the bowl with the flour and baking soda. Stir to combine. (The batter will be very thick.)
Spoon the batter onto a non-stick pan heated to low-medium.
Flip the pancakes when they start to bubble a bit on the surface. Cook until golden brown on both sides.
adapted from Everyday Belle
- Easy Pumpkin Pancakes | Not Your Average College Food - […] Greek Yogurt Pancakes from a couple weeks back were such a big hit that I had to make pancakes…
- Blueberry Greek Yogurt Pancakes | Appetite for Life - […] Adapted from Not Your Average College Food […]
- Apple Cinnamon Greek Yogurt Pancakes | Not Your Average College Food - […] news everyone, I have another pancake recipe! These are a twist on my Greek Yogurt Pancakes recipe because I…
- Greek Yogurt Blueberry Pancakes | Not Your Average College Food - […] be remembering it…In the meantime, I’m going to keep making variations of the original Greek Yogurt Pancakes. These ones…
- Greek Yogurt Cranberry Pancakes | Not Your Average College Food - […] you’ll notice this is not exactly a new recipe. It’s a variation of these original Greek Yogurt Pancakes. I…
- Saturday is Pancake Day. | whatisjolene - […] I made a 4-ingredient pancake with 3/4 cup yogurt, 1 egg, 1/2 cup flour, and 1 tsp baking soda.…