Greek Yogurt Blueberry Pancakes
It’s 2014! With every new year comes new resolutions. The top one on my list for this year is Meatless Mondays! Meatless Mondays are becoming a popular health trend because of growing personal health and environment concerns. Eating less meat reduces risk of chronic disease, as well as our carbon footprint and water usage since the meat industry generates a large portion of greenhouse gas emissions. I don’t think I would ever be able to completely say goodbye to meat, but Meatless Mondays I can do. The hardest part is actually going to be remembering it…
Today, I made a variation of the original, healthy Greek Yogurt Pancakes. That recipe has caught the interest of many Greek yogurt-lovers and is the most popular recipe on this blog. For a little twist, these pancakes have fresh blueberries in them, but you can also put in chocolate chips, bananas, apples…anything you can think of!
Blueberries are a favorite food of mine so lucky for me, they are actually one of the healthiest fruits in the world. They are well known for their antioxidants which slow the aging process, giving them the nickname “fountain of youth.” Grab a handful and eat them plain, put them in your yogurt, or even better…in your Greek yogurt pancakes!
GREEK YOGURT BLUEBERRY PANCAKES
(makes 10-12 mini pancakes)
3/4 cup 0% fat plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup fresh blueberries
In a small bowl, stir yogurt until smooth. Crack an egg over the yogurt and stir to combine roughly.
In a medium bowl, mix together the flour and baking soda.
Pour yogurt and egg mixture into the bowl with the flour and baking soda. Stir to combine. (The batter will be very thick.)
Spoon 1/4 cup batter onto a non-stick pan heated to low-medium. Use spoon to gently spread out batter into an even circle on pan. (The thinner it is, the quicker it takes to cook).
Put several blueberries on pancake batter.
Flip the pancakes when they start to bubble a bit on the surface. They should be done when you start to hear the blueberries sizzle.
- 29 Healthy Versions Of Your Favorite Comfort Foods | GossipViews.com - […] notyouraveragecollegefood.com […]
- cleanin’ the diet | peterschirripa - […] Greek Yogurt Blueberry Pancakes […]
- 52 Healthier Versions of Classic Late-Night Snacks - Perfect Your Lifestyle - […] Greek Yogurt Blueberry Pancakes Between protein-packed Greek yogurt and antioxiant-rich blueberries, this recipe packs a lot of […]
- Guacamole Deviled Eggs | Not Your Average College Food - […] cannot believe how far this blog has come in just one year. My Greek Yogurt Blueberry Pancakes recipe went viral…
- Greek Yogurt Blueberry Pancakes | She's Styling - […] and yummiest pancake recipes you will ever come across. I got it from my friend Emily’s blog Not Your Average…
- Cauliflower Mashed "Potatoes" - Not Your Average College Food - […] looking for clever ways to make foods healthier by using substitutions, for example, using Greek yogurt or avocado in…