Nutella-Swirled Banana Bread Muffins
I love celebrating my friends’ birthdays not only because I get to be part of their special day of turning one year older, but also because it gives me an excuse to bake a new recipe. I’m always looking forward to experimenting with new types of cookies, cupcakes, brownies and have almost never repeated.
Except once. My good friend Claire and I had made these delicious muffins for my friend’s birthday. I got the idea from the Nutella Swirled Banana Walnut Bread I made last summer and turned it into muffin form since they’re easier to share. We both tried a piece when the muffins were fresh out of the oven and almost couldn’t help ourselves from eating the rest. All of our friends who had sampled some of the muffin had that coveted “dying of happiness” face, which instantly tells you that you did a good job.
The following week was another friend’s birthday. She immediately requested the same Nutella-swirled banana muffins from me and Claire. So, we made an even bigger batch this time and again, saw even more happy faces. Now I know what to do whenever I have a bunch of brown, overripe bananas
NUTELLA-SWIRLED BANANA BREAD MUFFINS
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3 medium over-ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
1 large egg
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin pan with liners.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk flours, baking soda, and baking powder until well combined. Set aside.
3. In large bowl, whisk together banana, sugar, brown sugar. (Use a blender if you have one.) Beat in egg, vegetable oil and vanilla extract. Slowly whisk in the flour mixture, until mixture is smooth.
4. Fill muffin tins 3/4 full. Top each muffin with about 1 teaspoon of Nutella and use a toothpick to swirl it into the batter.
5. Bake muffins for 15-17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
adapted from The Novice Chef
- One-Ingredient Ice Cream - Not Your Average College Food - […] bananas are a little bit too sweet to eat on their own so I usually try to make banana…